Global warming is in full effect in Brisbane this week. Temperatures have soared into the 30s and we are all definitely feeling the heat… and it's only November!! Surviving this kind of humidity is certainly a skill so here our top 5 tips for beating the heat.
A super quick and easy way to quickly cool yourself down is with a popsicle. These bad boys are so simple to make and there are endless combinations to suit your tastebuds. One of our favourite and super refreshing combos is watermelon, lime and ginger. See recipe below.
You Will Need:
- About 5 cups of chopped watermelon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of fine salt
- Popsicle sticks
- Popsicle moulds
- Puree watermelon, sugar, lime juice, ginger and salt until smooth
- Pour mixture into moulds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until firm
Dubbed the 'it' drink for the Aussie Summer, what better way to cool down and enjoy the weekend with your new favourite cocktail. See recipe below.
You Will Need:
- 750mL bottle of rosé
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Punnet of strawberries (250g)
- Juice of 2.5 limes
- Pour rosé into 33x23cm pan and freeze until almost solid.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan' cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Add strawberries, remove from heat, and let sit 30 minutes to infuse syrup with strawberry flavour. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl (do not press on solids); cover and chill until cold, about 30 mins.
- Scrape rosé into a blender. Add lemon juice, strawberry syrup and 1 cup crushed ice and purée until smooth. Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé is thickened (aim for milkshake consistency), about 25-35 mins.
- Blend again until frosé is slushy. Divide among glasses.
Head to the beach
We are so lucky here in Brisbane as we have access to so many beautiful beaches. Go for the day or even the weekend and enjoy the cool water.
Another way to beat the heat is to dress appropriately! Wearing the wrong clothing can make you agitated so here are some of our favourite THG outfits to keep you cool.