We all know that there is a widespread belief that self-tan products make you look orange! Now by no means are we suggesting that none of them ever will make you appear in this way, BUT by choosing self-tanners suitable for your skin tones, and using correct application techniques your fears of looking like an oompa loompa will no longer exist!
Our sunless tanning winners are:
- Bondi Sands Self Tanning foam – the perfect lightweight tan, enriched with aloe vera and coconut
- Loving Tan 2HR express tanning mousse – For us time poor individuals, this tan applies smoothly and dries quickly, developing in only 2 hours!
- St Tropez Self tan bronzing mousse – For a long lasting, smooth tan, designed to appear 2-3 shades darker than your natural tone
- Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel – Ideal if you desire a subtle golden colour! This product is non-oily and quick drying.
Entering into the summer months we all want that summer, flawless glow, without having to lie out in the sun for hours or appearing like a streaky mess. For best results here are a few tips on how to tan like an expert:
- Exfoliate and shave before you let self-tanner anywhere near your body. Use a mild exfoliant to make sure you're sloughing off your dead skin cells before the self-tanner goes on.
- Stand between two mirrors to apply the self-tanner, so you can see exactly what you're doing.
- Be extra mindful of the knees, hands, elbows, feet, ankles and face. These are the areas where self-tanning mistakes show up most. Use a minimal amount of tanning lotion in these areas, and consider wearing latex gloves or a tanning mitt to apply it.
- Once you've applied your self-tanner, keeping your skin hydrated is the key to making it last. Apply lotion daily.