Winter is fast approaching and with it comes the dread of putting on the winter weight with comfort eating and little exercise. Although the range of seasonal food is fewer in the winter months here are five tips to kicking those winter cravings and enjoy the food you love
1. Make the switch from white carbohydrates to wholemeal and wholegrain alternatives
2. Drink plenty of water during the winter months as air-conditioning and heating can be dehydrating!
3. One of the best ways to keep healthy this winter is to pack your meals full of protein
4. Eat your 2 & 5. Most of your diet should consist of fruit and vegetables as they are a good source of important minerals and vitamins
5. Start your dinner with a bowl of low-calorie soup to help manage your weight and keep warm this winter